Monday, November 9, 2009

Neglectful Blogger


I really suck when it comes to sticking to blogs. However, I'm really awesome when it comes to delaying real life work. That said, time for a blog update.

The Raymond Brake - "Piles of Dirty Winters"

- Prob my favorite rock album to come out of North Carolina, second to Superchunk's "Here's Where The Strings Come In". Such an underrated band. From Greensboro (sup, Bowser?). The song Filthy Lucre is worthy of playing on repeat about a million times.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?nmrf0nrnymn

Best Coast - "Make You Mine" 7 inch

- My love for the two ladies of Pocahaunted and all things related is, unlike Bethany's role in the group, never ending. I posted some Best Coast demos awhile ago - here is one of Bethany's 7 inch releases. Sure, the tropical, drugged-out beach stuff was way overdone this summer...and it's definitely not warm in DC anymore...but Best Coast is great and this record is evidence of that claim. I don't even smoke pot, but these songs make me want to find a beach, a pair of sunglasses, and a bowl. Get @ it.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?zw3mmmkmew3

Tracey Thorn - "A Distant Shore"

- One of my favorite albums of all time. Tracey Thorn released this solo album in between her stint as a Marine Girl and joining up with Ben Watt to form Everything But The Girl. There isn't really enough I can say about this album to do it justice. Every track is good (8 in total, 2 covers), but my favorites are probably tracks 1, 2, 3, and 8. Track 8, Too Happy, is prob in my top 10 songs of all time. So...listen and never stop listening.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/25fyzyimgzy/TT_ADS.zip

Small update...must finish work.

Credit (and begin to frequent) the following blogs:

- http://shinygreymonotone.blogspot.com/
- nonameleeds.blogspot.com/

BONUS: I saw Ghastly City Sleep w/ Pygmy Lush, Tideland, and Litany For The Whale near my apartment on Friday. Here is a song I grabbed from GCS's set.

4 comments:

  1. What's the beer keeping you company, dear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU! I'd had some of those Raymond Brake songs stuck in my head for years but couldn't find the tracks. I loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyway you could re upload the raymond brake?

    ReplyDelete